Snurfin' – Jacob Yosowitz
Solid Core Board
Material: Reclaimed barn wood plank. Beech wood (I think).
- Bought wood from craigslist dude
- Design shape for board, make template, cut wood to shape
- Plane surface. A LOT. Wood was too thick, so needed to be thinned out
- Shape profile of board to slight rocker in process of thinning it out
- - what is "profile" and "rocker" ? Here's some helpful info.
- Shape edges. Spooned nose for flow through deep fluffy snow. Sharpens out through tail to give rider control in turn initiation
- Fill old nail holes on base with hardening wood filler
- Smooth it out. Fine grit sandpaper
- Drill holes, hammer in dowel, cut to height to create stomp pads
- One coat marine sealer, Two coats finish. Waterproofed and ready to ride sucka!